ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor - Copy Image to Clipboard by default

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
I'm trying to do the same thing - get the image on the clipboard automatically after the capture. I've set the options as above, but after the capture I get the "Object and Scrolling Capture Tool" and have to click the "Save the Selected Object" button than the "Save to Clipboard" button. I must be missing something.

Terry
-TerryR (April 17, 2014, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

sounds wierd - how do you actually take the screenshot? (Hotkey; via Capturebar top of screen; via tray icon?)
And what type of screenshot are you trying to take? (Fullscreen, active window, etc.)

TerryR:
Hi, Tom,
I've used both the Capturebar and hotkey. I'm capturing a "Windows object" - the reason I'm not just using the built-in PrintScreen function, which otherwise does just what I want.

After the capture the "what do you want to do now" screen pops up, and I can't find a way to suppress that. Which just as well, I suppose, because the image doesn't get to the clipboard until I click the Save button there, even though I though the setting shown above should make that happen. I have been able to get rid of the drop-down on the next screen so that clicking the Clipboard button automatically saves the image to the clipboard. But it's still two extra clicks that are unneeded and I'd like to get rid of if I can.

Terry

TerryR:
An update...

Thanks to a response from lanux128 to another post I made, I have now gotten rid of one step. I didn't want to save files of the images, and he told me how to turn off AutoSave. Doing that keeps the second screen from coming up, so now I get only one unneeded screen. Progress. :)

Terry

tomos:
After the capture the "what do you want to do now" screen pops up
-TerryR (April 18, 2014, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Terry,
the what do you want to do now query - that can be removed.
Right-click tray icon and click on "After Capture", select "Hide main form".

That should sort it iiuc

mouser:
I'm capturing a "Windows object"
--- End quote ---

I think this came up before -- a request to get rid of that special "Ok, you've selected an object.  Now what?" dialog that is shown ONLY after performing an OBJECT capture.

Is that the dialog you are hoping to bypass?  I don't think there is currently a way to do that (the suggestion from tomos is how you would get rid of the other kind of post-capture dialog which may be shown after all captures).

I could add a way to skip that after-object-capture dialog easily enough -- the problem is doing it in a way that would still let people do scrolling object captures, etc.  I could put an object in the RedBox gear icon menu to toggle this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version