ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Pledge: Text Analysis App

(1/1)

pyrohacker:
Text Analysis App

This app will make it easier to analyze a chunk of text and see useful information. Its focus is analysis rather than manipulation.

I've been dealing with some rather large log files at work lately, and I find myself dissatisfied with my ability to extract useful information from large bodies of text. Crafting find-and-replace queries, importing to Excel, and visually scanning for data are all tedious processes that dance around the goal: gathering information and answering questions. This tool will be different. Somehow.

kyrathaba:
Sounds interesting, pyrohacker  :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
Text Analysis App

This app will make it easier to analyze a chunk of text and see useful information. Its focus is analysis rather than manipulation.

I've been dealing with some rather large log files at work lately, and I find myself dissatisfied with my ability to extract useful information from large bodies of text. Crafting find-and-replace queries, importing to Excel, and visually scanning for data are all tedious processes that dance around the goal: gathering information and answering questions. This tool will be different. Somehow.
-pyrohacker (December 13, 2013, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a fondness for text manipulation apps. I'm trying to think if I have any killer use cases but nothing yet.

TaoPhoenix:
Text Analysis App

-pyrohacker (December 13, 2013, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any news here Pyro?

And will there ever be feature updates after Nany? Murphy's law sez one day I'll latch on to this but want a killer app feature. : )

kyrathaba:
Pyro, I assume you weren't able to finish the app in time for the NANY deadline?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version