ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a Foto Resizer that follows (multiple) shortcuts

<< < (3/4) > >>

cranioscopical:
Here you go.  I used vlastimil's PhotoResize for my tests.
-skwire (December 14, 2013, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice one  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
Here you go.  I used vlastimil's PhotoResize for my tests.  However, you could use this script with almost any app that accepts a filepath on its command line simply by changing the path on the first line of the following:
-skwire (December 14, 2013, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, this is interesting - it works - but there's a 'but' for me:
Photoresize says that the resized photos are created - but they go to the original folders - i.e. where the fotos actually are.
The problem is that the fotos are from all over, so this kind of defeats the purpose for me (I have to find the source folders in order to get the resized images).

Would it be possible to -   No, it's not possible for you to dictate where PhotoResizer saves it's output.
I'll try this with the Resize app I mentioned in OP (where I can dictate the output folder) and will let you know how I get on.
Will be later or tomorrow.

tomos:
I'll try this with the Resize app I mentioned in OP (where I can dictate the output folder) and will let you know how I get on.
-tomos (December 15, 2013, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
did a test run - worked a treat :Thmbsup:

Changed exe/path in the script - ran it
Dropped shortcuts on GUI
'Resize' opened with the correct filepaths showing
Settings are saved so new images output to specified folder

Many thanks skwire - I seem to be sorted :-*

For anyone interested in the 'Resize' app - the website in screenshot below no longer exists.
I just found this version from 2008 but I haven't tried it yet (about.com link) [seems to be same version as mine]
It's portable - version I have doesnt remember Jpg quality setting on restart but otherwise works well [Win7 x64]

Looking for a Foto Resizer that follows (multiple) shortcuts     Looking for a Foto Resizer that follows (multiple) shortcuts

skwire:
did a test run - worked a treat :Thmbsup:

Changed exe/path in the script - ran it
Dropped shortcuts on GUI
'Resize' opened with the correct filepaths showing
Settings are saved so new images output to specified folder

Many thanks skwire - I seem to be sorted :-*-tomos (December 15, 2013, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right on.  =]

For anyone interested in the 'Resize' app - the website in screenshot below no longer exists.
I just found this version from 2008 but I haven't tried it yet (about.com link) [seems to be same version as mine]-tomos (December 15, 2013, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would you mind computing the MD5 checksum for the Resize.exe you have just to make sure this hasn't been modified?  The one from the above download is: 01353FE34350AB6B7CBD503C7545AD54

tomos:
Would you mind computing the MD5 checksum for the Resize.exe you have just to make sure this hasn't been modified?  The one from the above download is: 01353FE34350AB6B7CBD503C7545AD54
-skwire (December 15, 2013, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

01353fe34350ab6b7cbd503c7545ad54 (mine)
01353FE34350AB6B7CBD503C7545AD54 (yours)

Looks good?
Can also upload, it's small

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version