ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Paraskevidekatriaphobics Unite

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
@SJ I get that at times myself.  Not exactly as you describe.  It can be a word but often it's a proper name.  That's really annoying.  Like in the middle of relating some childhood experience at a Red Sox game, I forget the name Ted Williams... type of thing.  Of course you remember the name 10 minutes after nobody cares.  :)

I used to be quite skilled at that thing where you study the definitions of words.  Dang!! :)

Stoic Joker:
@SJ I get that at times myself.  Not exactly as you describe.  It can be a word but often it's a proper name.  That's really annoying.-MilesAhead (December 13, 2013, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh forget names...I quit even trying that years ago. I've actually taught myself a speech pattern that avoids the use of anything even resembling a proper name when talking to people. I just got tired of running into people I've know for like 20 years and getting trapped by the :wallbash: Dude...WTF's your name? thing ... When I damn well should know it off the top of my head.

tomos:
^ names, I know that one....

Re tourettes: I saw a good comic the other day (NSFW I guess - just profanity)
"Tourette Reversor"
www.pidjin.net/2013/11/28/tourette-reversor/

Stoic Joker:
"Tourette Reversor"
www.pidjin.net/2013/11/28/tourette-reversor/
-tomos (December 13, 2013, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good one :D

IainB:
Well, seems that Friday 13th had some other interesting "reversals":

..."Arab Spring" turns to Arab Winter?

Navigation