ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Network Scanner / No title as yet and in beta stage

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
The download site doesn't inspire trust...and a 36MByte file size is not helping either.
-Shades (August 10, 2013, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

O_O Zoiks!

Fair call guys. I mentioned the size to my brother and he has fixed it, he said this:

"J D: its because when you delete one of the big scans it leaves a blank record where the old record was. So I've put Vacuum command at start of every run which solves it"-pscan (August 11, 2013, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

How is that going to impact the (somewhat massive) size of the executable file itself? I can see a little bloat (1, 2, or even 5MB) if it was a debug build ... But 36MB just seems awfully...well...huge ... Especially for something that is generally considered to be portable in nature.

The network scanner I usually use (Angry IP Scanner v2.21) is only 108KB.

pscan:
finally done  ;D

here you go guys and the file size is much smaller now.

http://dbroscanner.apphb.com/#/home

pscan:
no good? :(

we put a heap of work into the website and software even though it doesn't look much. We both work full time and used our spare time doing this.

Shades:
Hi again. On your website (which is clear and concise  :up:) it might be a good idea to mention the requirements of your software as I had to download/update the .Net framework on my PC from 4 to 4.5.

pscan:
Thanks for the feedback I was starting to wonder if anyone even looked at it haha.

I will add that to the website asap. Very good idea  8).

What did you think of the scanner?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version