ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Migrating from Google Gmail.com to Microsoft Outlook.com

<< < (6/9) > >>

40hz:

The only real issue with GMail is privacy but then ANY email service is hosted by a provider somewhere (even if you pay for your own server at a data centre) so as far as I can see GMail are
so for email services, which of the big three would you use?  for some reason, MS still has a better reputation for privacy than google, but why?
-superboyac (December 13, 2013, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably because Microsoft is more embedded in NSA monitoring activities and has admitted far less than others?  Such are the rewards for those who never confess to doing wrong nor ask for forgiveness if caught out.

Remember: "It's not only the cream that rises to the top."
 :huh:

Stoic Joker:
Remember: "It's not only the cream that rises to the top."-40hz (December 13, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you trying not to say shit floats?

I think any provider is going to cave in when they get hit with one of those famous NSA dragnet warrants. And SMTP is (horribly) exposed when it crosses the web ... So ultimately the security bit becomes an academic discussion about the best type of screen door to use on a submarine. It's a "people issue" as you've mentioned many times before.

I just go with the provider that is the least likely to piss me of while trying to do day-to-day administration and usage.

app103:
Remember: "It's not only the cream that rises to the top."-40hz (December 13, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (December 13, 2013, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uh...pork fat, Ren! Pork fat floats on beans!

40hz:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (December 13, 2013, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. I'm saying it's not only the cream that rises to the top. :P ;D

wraith808:
so for email services, which of the big three would you use?
-superboyac (December 13, 2013, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

...not yahoo, I'll tell you that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version