ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

"Merge field" function

<< < (2/2)

Ath:
You should not have the .xls(x) file open in any other application, like Excel, maybe that's the issue?

ajamillion:
That's not it :/
I found someone that was able to code it in python with about 15 lines of code, and they did it in under 30 minutes.. works like a charm! Thank you for your contributions though.

Ath:
I'm getting an error: Line 574 Error: The requested action with this object has failed.
I have triple-checked my syntax, and it seems okay.
-ajamillion (December 17, 2013, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you share your template (anonimized ofc, PM for e-mail) and the exact errormessage & optional logfile? I'd like to debug this some more.
My current finding is that you have some conditional thingy that triggers the error, if it's actually in the Excel2Html program.

Ath:
Ah, now I see what happened, you downloaded the old, obsolete and 'security'-hampered AutoIt release, that tries to get the data from the Excel file by opening it using Excel and then using select-all/copy to clipboard. There are issues with that method, as reported by others in that thread, giving the exact same error...
All these issues are resolved by the completely rewritten 2.x (Java) release, that can be downloaded from my dcmembers page, referenced in that thread (typing this on the tablet, so quite difficult to add the link here, sorry).
Maybe you could try that version.

I removed the AutoIt-based files from the Excel2Html thread.

ajamillion:
Hey, thank you!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version