ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Q-FlashCards for Android

<< < (3/4) > >>

TPReal:
I'm glad someone confirms it works :)

As for importing a database of words, as I explained in the description: it's kind of a feature that you cannot import list of cards into the program - if you want to remember something, you just need to type it in first. This way you will only add cards that you really want to learn, and not just all stuff that you can find, which could turn out frustrating, and useless.

On the other hand I agree it could be useful, and it is sure to be the most common feature request. In the future I'll probably add a feature of importing a word list, with initial interval set to at least 1 day (otherwise it would be unbearable, trust me, I checked it :)). But this is a plan for the future. For now I just add cards as I go, and I'm very happy with how it works

As for Play Store, the program would probably need to be better polished, and have a webpage or something. I'm planning to do it some day if I have time next year :)

Ath:
Well, your app is quite well-polished, that's no reason not to publish to the Play Store. A (Play-Store)page listing all it's features is nearly ready when grabbing all information from this thread's first post, including the screenshots.

There is one feature-request though: I want to be able to stop all notifications. I've tried turning off everything I could find, but it still pops up in the notification area. I dislike most stuff that puts itself there, unless I explicitly allow it. Currently I'm unable to achieve that :huh:

TPReal:
Well, currently the notification is the only way to get to the screen where you answer the questions, so there is obviously no option to disable it... But it makes sense as a feature request to allow using as most of other similar programs work - answering questions only on demand. But the notification is actually the whole point and main idea - it reminds you of a word not just once a day or whenever you remember, but rather whenever you need to answer it to memorise it well.

Deozaan:
There is one feature-request though: I want to be able to stop all notifications. I've tried turning off everything I could find, but it still pops up in the notification area. I dislike most stuff that puts itself there, unless I explicitly allow it. Currently I'm unable to achieve that :huh:
-Ath (December 30, 2013, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Depending on what version of Android you have, you can turn off all notifications for an app in the "App info" window. Just uncheck that "Show notifications" box and you're set! See my screenshot below for more an example:

NANY 2014 Release: Q-FlashCards for Android

Ath:
Well, currently the notification is the only way to get to the screen where you answer the questions, so there is obviously no option to disable it... But it makes sense as a feature request to allow using as most of other similar programs work - answering questions only on demand. But the notification is actually the whole point and main idea - it reminds you of a word not just once a day or whenever you remember, but rather whenever you need to answer it to memorise it well.
-TPReal (December 30, 2013, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, that sounds reasonable, but then, a way to turn the whole thing off until I turn it back on, would that be feasible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version