ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When did the world of the NSA and technology get so surreal?

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
The only problem is when they're watching something that we believe should be entirely private, or held in confidence between myself and whomever I'm interacting with. Surely if I'm in a virtual public spot in, say, WoW, I can't object to someone observing what I do.
-CWuestefeld (December 11, 2013, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem with it in this case isn't privacy; it's use, waste, and idiocy.

J-Mac:
I would bet that it's gamers who now work at the NSA who came up with this idea.  "Noooo... we are NOT just playing games at work; we're monitoring potential terrorist activity in the gaming and virtual environment areas..."

I mean, how do you manage to get a job like that? Convince your boss that you need to play games all day long in the name of national security? What a sacrifice for their country! Heroes, I say!

Jim

wraith808:
I would bet that it's gamers who now work at the NSA who came up with this idea.  "Noooo... we are NOT just playing games at work; we're monitoring potential terrorist activity in the gaming and virtual environment areas..."

I mean, how do you manage to get a job like that? Convince your boss that you need to play games all day long in the name of national security? What a sacrifice for their country! Heroes, I say!
-J-Mac (December 11, 2013, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what the cynical part of me said when I first read it.  And my second thought was "how do I get this job?"

rgdot:
NSA also has some people posting on forums  :o

:P

Renegade:
The only problem is when they're watching something that we believe should be entirely private, or held in confidence between myself and whomever I'm interacting with. Surely if I'm in a virtual public spot in, say, WoW, I can't object to someone observing what I do.
-CWuestefeld (December 11, 2013, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem with it in this case isn't privacy; it's use, waste, and idiocy.
-wraith808 (December 11, 2013, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep. If anything, an understatement.

Why not deploy the army to patrol children's playgrounds and see if there are any budding little terrorists?

And you pay for that idiocy with the money the kleptocrats steal from you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version