ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I have been pwned

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
I got a match... from the Gawker hack back in 2010. I already knew about that one. I started using LastPass after that happened.

Innuendo:
Did the Adobe breach disclose credit card information, too?  I hadn't heard that.
-mwb1100 (December 09, 2013, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Even if the breach had not disclosed credit card information, if users use the same login credentials on other sites, these criminals could theoretically log into these other accounts and build up quite a dossier of information on the person making it very easy for identity theft. Picture a criminal using your vital information sending out credit card applications to the four winds. That would not be a mess anyone would want to clean up.

J-Mac:
I just entered my five most used email addresses and only one - my Gmail address - was pwned on one site - Gawker, from that major hack they suffered last year. However I changed my password since then plus started using Google's two-step authentication, so hopefully I'm good.

The only negative they mentioned about the Gawker hack is that a lot of folks are receiving Acai berry spam! Haven't gotten any of that.

Thanks!

Jim

Deozaan:
The only negative they mentioned about the Gawker hack is that a lot of folks are receiving Acai berry spam! Haven't gotten any of that.-J-Mac (December 11, 2013, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

They said that people who used the same info for the Twitter accounts inadvertently Tweeted acai berry spam. (Accounts were hijacked to send the spam.)

I've gotten all sorts of spam since the Gawker hack. I used to only get maybe 15 spams a year to my account. But since the Gawker hack, I get 2-3 per day. It sucks. :(

J-Mac:
My spam is pretty well filtered. Even so, it hasn’t increased noticeably. Lucky I guess.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version