ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tresorit - Cloud storage service (FREE) - Mini-Review. (WARNING!)

<< < (5/7) > >>

rgdot:
Free? May not be listed but the exe is the same, you just get less storage and less features for free
-rgdot (May 28, 2015, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

But you have to be able to make the account.  I have an account, and can still login as my free account.  But it's been removed from the options if you don't already have one from what I can see.
-wraith808 (May 29, 2015, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Account creation is part of (during) the install process. For me it was anyway.

MilesAhead:
Account creation is part of (during) the install process. For me it was anyway.
-rgdot (May 29, 2015, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  On the promotion I used it gave 50GB storage.

IainB:
2015-06-04 2025hrs: WARNING! Looks like my review above contains a grievous error/omission of fact.
I had not noticed and so had failed to point out that in the Terms and Conditions of Use 11/11/2013 (see the spoiler that I inserted in the Opening Post at the time) it says:
XIV Inactive Free Accounts
62. If You have chosen a plan with no charge ("Free Account") and if Your Free Account was inactive for at least one-hundred and twenty (120) days and no valid User Plan is bound to Your Free Account, Tresorit will send You a notice. Fifteen (15) days after such notice, Tresorit may suspend Your Free Account or delete all of Your Content related to Your Free Account, and/or we may terminate the Agreement between You and Tresorit.

--- End quote ---
- and that this point is not mentioned (though it arguably should have been) in the section XIX Termination by Tresorit.

I thought I should post this so that other users who started using Tresorit on my recommendation would be made aware of the facts.
APOLOGY: I sincerely apologise to anyone who might have been discombobulated by this news. I most assuredly would never have recommended Tresorit had I known, or at least not without some major caveats.
=================================

How I discovered this:
I had not needed to add to my workdata archive backup (which is what I intended Tresorit for) for a while, and so had not played about with Tresorit lately, but, prompted by the recent discussions (above), a few days ago I started up my Tresorit and it said the software (GUI) was out-of-date, so the latest version was downloaded and installed.
However, after the software had updated, I was unable to log in. So I logged a service query on the Tresorit Support desk via Submit a request:
​2015-05-30
Unable to log in to Tresorit on desktop - "Wrong email or password".
Yet I have not changed either my email address or password.
Please confirm that my Tresorit account is still active for this email address ([email protected]).

--- End quote ---

Tresorit Customer Service responded with an email:
2015-06-02
 Hi!
Thank you very much for contacting us.
We can only confirm that your account has been deleted, however if you re-register the 50GB space will be there waiting for you.
Thank you very much for your cooperation, have a nice day!

Best regards,
The Tresorit Team

This email is a service from Tresorit Customer Service. Delivered by Zendesk.

--- End quote ---

Somewhat confused as to how my account could have been deleted (I didn't recall having done it, and no-one else had access to it), I tried to "re-register" but kept hitting a brick wall.
So I replied to Tresorit Customer Service:
2015-06-02
Thankyou for your email (below).
I went through the re-registration process, which obliged me to delete my account, even though you advise (below) that it is already deleted. There was no change and I was still unable to access the account.
So I repeated the re-registration process - again, no change.

So, I am still stuck at the original state as per my initial request for assistance.
Thus, I am still unable to login to my account with the correct email ID and password, and you advised me that the account has been deleted and gave me directions to re-establish my account, which directions, when followed,  seem not to work (twice).

With all due respect, though the Tresorit blurb claims that the service is "ultra-secure storage and sharing", I am having considerable difficulty seeing how the problems above reconcile with that claim.
​​Could you please explain to me​:

* (a) ​ what Tresorit Co. intended by deleting my account ​in the first place ​(if it indeed has been deleted)​,​ and
* ​(b) ​how you ​now ​propose to ​go about restoring ​the account ​and its contents, from backup, ​to its original status​ and without loss of data,​ and
* (c) ​how you propose to ​go about granting me access, and
* (d) why you have invalidated my account ID and password combination, and
* (e) what steps have been taken to prevent this sort of foul-up happening again and what assurances Tresorit Co. can give me that it will not happen again and that my account and data will remain secure in future?
Thankyou in anticipation of your reply.
Regards,

--- End quote ---

Tresorit Customer Service replied:

2015-06-03:
Hi X.,
Thank you very much for getting back to us.
First of all your account is validated now, so it should work fine.

Let's see:
1. We could only see that your account was in a deleted state that means that either someone deleted it for you (by accessing your email address and initiating the deletion) or you have not logged in to Tresorit for more than 120 days and as per the terms of service we deleted the account. In that case you should have received at least 3 mails telling you to log in.

2. The moment your account is deleted, your files become deleted as well, so we cannot restore them for you.

3. Your login/pwd combination was invalid because the account you tried to access was not accessible anymore.

We can guarantee you that Tresorit never deletes your account only after being inactive for 120 days.

Thank you very much for your cooperation, looking forward to your response, have a nice day!

Best regards,
The Tresorit Team

--- End quote ---

At the moment, I am still trying to get back into my account, but without much luck so far.
I shall update the opening post regarding the Ts & Cs, and keep this thread updated with further progress.

mouser:
Although I'm not a user of the program, I wanted to say thank you for the update -- very good information to know  :up:

Jibz:
That sounds a bit like what happened to my SugarSync account. Apparently, if you haven't logged in for 3 months, they delete your free account unless you pay. They do let you download your data for 7 days, but still ...

You have not used your SugarSync account in over three months. SugarSync periodically deletes accounts that have been inactive for 3 months. To save your data from deletion, please take one of the following actions in the next 7 days:

* Upgrade to an annual plan and never worry about account expiration again.
* Remove your data from SugarSync by following these directions.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version