topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Out of System Resources error ONLY when trying to grab Selected Region  (Read 4839 times)

selt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi All,

I started to get this issue on the previous version but then I still have it with latest 4.8, so I really need some help.

ONLY when i try to grab Selected Region i get error "Out of System Resources" and then SC is stuck. Just shows red icon and that's it. You have to exit and restart it to recover.

However, if i try to grab entire space, current screen, active window, fixed size... all that WORKS!

Now, of course, I really need SELECTED REGION to work as that was the exact point I started to use SC in the first place...

Any help to make this work again is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

selt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think Mouser once already asked me this (i just found out since didn't get email reminders):

On your tab for "Selection Capture Options", what do you have checked for "When to Use Red Box"?

So, I checked now and I see for Option Red Box Capture Mode there are 2 parameters:
When to User Red Box - Objects NOT Regions
Red Box Mode - Object Mode

I also tried this but it still didn't work - the same error:
When to User Red Box - User Never

If I set this:
When to User Red Box - Objects AND Regions

I click apply and accept
I try selected region and I get the red box and when i check settings it changes back to Region Mode.

If I set this:
When to User Red Box - Objects AND Regions
Red Box Mode - Region Mode

Then I get red box window that needs resizing each time but that is not what I want.

I want to get, like it used to be before, just a position of mouse from which I will drag my region and after i release mouse button it will take the screenshot.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dont know if this any help to mouser diagnosing:

it works here (Win7 64bit / SC 4.8), no matter how I trigger it, with the settings:

When to User Red Box - Objects NOT Regions

Screenshot - 2013-12-05 , 12_06_13.pngOut of System Resources error ONLY when trying to grab Selected Region
Tom

selt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nope, doesn't work for me.

I have downloaded now Greenshot and that one works with making Selected Region screenshots without hassle.

But definitively I would like to see ScreenshotCaptor doing the same for me so that i don't need to change to Greenshot.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nope, doesn't work for me.
Could it be that you have a conflict in the hotkeys, that starts 2 applications, SSC and something else?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Are you sure you are running the latest?  I was getting that with one of the versions- updating to the latest stopped that.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I would reinstall with a fresh download and click the reset to default option in the setup dialog.

Here is my settings for 'selection caption' and 'startup' might help.