ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

screenshotcaptor and delay option

(1/2) > >>

RichTWebGuy:
I thought the 'delay' option would be good to capture an app's window and show the menu dropdown.  But after pressing ctrl-prtscrn, SSC begins 4 sec countdown, I go and drop down the app's menu, SSC wakes up and captures app window but menu isn't included.  Is there an option I missed?

Another thing that seems backward to me:  if I use 'delay' and capture-region, it waits 4 sec and then I specify region.  I would have thought I would specify region, then the 4 sec countdown would start

mouser:
First things first, are you using the latest version?

RichTWebGuy:
oops - v4.8
Windows 7 x64

mouser:
if I use 'delay' and capture-region, it waits 4 sec and then I specify region.  I would have thought I would specify region, then the 4 sec countdown would start
--- End quote ---

this would be a logical thing to think.. but if you try it with your menu example, what you will see is that you have 4 seconds in which you can bring up the menu and then wait, and then the screen will *FREEZE* -- with the menu still visible, and you can then select the region to capture INCLUDING the menu.

RichTWebGuy:
OK, I see that.  2 questions and thanks for your quick replies

1.  there is still the first point -- that the grab active window doesn't include the menu.  Is that expected?

2. Regards the grab selected region, I see 2 behaviors depending on whether how I trigger the capture.  If using hotkey or quick-capture-bar, the app loses focus somehow and then the menu of course goes away.  If I use the main window menu to trigger, it works OK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version