ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

badBIOS revisited - it is possible to bridge the airgap after all

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
Is that a historical reference?  Perhaps it's actually doable as may be it's doubtful humans can produce the necessary sounds with their in-born equipment :)

40hz:
@x16wda- LOL! Worked for Mr. Draper (aka Cap'n Crunch). It could work for us!  ;D

--------------------

Is that a historical reference?
-ewemoa (December 03, 2013, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You betcha! Look here.

John Draper - THE Man! :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
Zoiks! 20bps is a lot more respectable a speed than previously thought. Even with a high overhead you can still pack a lot of sneaky in a pipe that size.

40hz:
Zoiks! 20bps is a lot more respectable a speed than previously thought. Even with a high overhead you can still pack a lot of sneaky in a pipe that size.
-Stoic Joker (December 04, 2013, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Something small. Maybe a fork bomb such as [# {‘s -m (){ :| :& };:] y'know?

(Note: I pooched the above string. It's purely for illustration purposes. It doesn't run as is. :P)

Stoic Joker:
-Stoic Joker (December 04, 2013, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Something small. Maybe a fork bomb such as [# {‘s -m (){ :| :& };:] y'know?

(Note: I pooched the above string. It's purely for illustration purposes. It doesn't run as is. :P)-40hz (December 04, 2013, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

So...I wonder how many watch lists I'm on now for googling that?? :D ...Not really a "Linux Guy" so the term didn't ring a bell right away.

There are actually some much shorter variants on that theme ... that I may play with this evening using a VM as a target.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version