ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

LINUX: Linux Mint 16 "Petra" just released

<< < (3/13) > >>

Edvard:
Ah, I should have been more clear as well...  I am running Debian "Testing", not Linux Mint.  I used to be a Ubuntu fan, but it has gone downhill since 9.10, IMNSHO.  I went back to Debian and I've gotten along with it so well that I intend to stay.

Though I will admit Mint looks pretty slick...

ewemoa:
If I were running a server I'd be using Debian as well -- for non-server-related development, I've been finding Arch to be easier from the perspective of creating, installing, and uninstalling software cleanly.

I tend to use Mint via booting one of its isos, so it'd have been nicer not to have to apply an update after booting from the LMDE iso.

40hz:
I tend to use Mint via booting one of its isos, so it'd have been nicer not to have to apply an update after booting from the LMDE iso.
-ewemoa (December 01, 2013, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't setting it up as a VM image be easier? That way, you could have a tweaked and updated clean image for software testing anytime you wanted.
 8)

ewemoa:
When the machine in question is broken or I don't trust its content, booting from ISO seems like a better option -- also when it's someone else's PC...

40hz:
When the machine in question is broken oir I don't trust its content, booting from ISO seems like a better option -- also when it's someone else's PC...
-ewemoa (December 02, 2013, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. That pretty much answered my question. Boot from media it is! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version