ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

LINUX: Linux Mint 16 "Petra" just released

<< < (6/13) > >>

dantheman:
Now i understand your initial enthusiasm.
Glad to hear about you finding that free gem!
Lucky guy!   ;D

For some reason, standby or hibernate modes don't like my little ol' machine.

40hz:
@Dan - I think these may mostly be issues with a specific laptop's hardware.

I have Mint 14 running on a Dell Inspiron where the restart option doesn't work correctly. It always hangs on shutdown. Since I can just do a regular shutdown + hit the power switch to restart (and logoff session works fine) I haven't bothered to try and get to the bottom of it.  

Sometimes you just need to weigh the effort required in light of solving one glitch on one machine. As I get older I get lazier when it comes to my own PCs.
 :-[

rgdot:
Not that a new version of LM will fix wifi issues necessarily but may be I should burn 16 and see if it is better than 13...

40hz:
Not that a new version of LM will fix wifi issues necessarily but may be I should burn 16 and see if it is better than 13...
-rgdot (December 04, 2013, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting...one of the first things that swayed me towards Mint as a general purpose and new-user distro was how well it worked with wifi. At least for me. Guess it's yet another example of how YMMV when it comes to Linux...

dantheman:
40hz,

If you can help out on this, i'd appreciate it!
1. i find graphics grainier than say, PCLinuxOS (changing monitor settings doesn't do anything to improve).
2. how to change font and even better, make title bars disappear (or autohide) in Firefox for example?
I've got "toolbar autohide" which works just fine in Windows but not on Linux Mint Cinnamon 16.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version