ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PopUp Wisdom

PopUp Wisdom Love

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
If it were easier to add or modify text/quotes, or simply add comments to existing quotes, it could be used in a much broader manner e.g.
--- End quote ---

you can now edit the quotefile containing the currently shown quote from the menu, but i think the most important new change that should help do what you want is that PopUpWisdom will now automatically detect whenever a quote file has been modified and reload it automatically.  this means that you can edit a custom quote book file whenever you want and the new quotes will be shown.

ewemoa:
Let me know if it works.
-mouser (December 02, 2013, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both VirtualBox guest OS tests, but working better (no stolen focus detected so far) for both Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro :up:

mouser:
Ok, sounds like i can go official with this then..

tomos:
Ok, sounds like i can go official with this then..
-mouser (December 02, 2013, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

just tried unsuccessfully to reproduce problems. (I did try clicking [OK].) Seems to work fine on win 7 - or works find so far :up:
No loss of letters when typing.
Doesnt kick YT videos out of full screen either (or didnt when I just tried).

:Thmbsup:

EDIT//
and the quote only disappears on the up-click, more thumbs-up ;-)

mouser:
Great.

I'd love one more test report that the new candidate version works reasonably.  I've added a few more features:

v1.08.01 - December 2, 2013

* [Feature] Portable zip now uses ConfigDir_Default.ini which is overridden by the presence of a ConfigDir.ini file, so users unpacking the contents won't overwrite any custom ConfigDir.ini  they may have.
* [Feature] Now using a dual package (installer and portable zip), with portable zip preconfigured for portable use.
* [Feature] Installer and executable are now signed.
* [Feature] Option to check for updates at startup.
* [Change] Quote box now hides on mouse-up not mouse-down.
* [Feature] Popup quotes will not auto display (on timer) if there is a screensaver or other full screen application (game) running.
* [Feature] PopUp Wisdom will now auto-detect when a quote file has changed and automatically reload the new changes.
* [Feature] New edit book menu item in popup window.
* [Feature] Better display of info about each quote book in options (file size, etc.).
* [Feature] Added icons in menus.
* [Feature] PopUp Wisdom will now create the default UserQuotes.txt file in the proper user configuration directory (instead of installation directory) on WinVista/7/8.
* [Feature] PopUp Wisdom will now scan for books in BOTH the installed "Books" directory and a create user configuration "Books" on machines where configuration directory is different from installation directory (WinVista/7/8).
* [Feature] Start-after-installation option added for WinVista/7/8.
* [Improvement] Miscellaneous improvements on options dialog.
* [Improvement] Better installed program icon.
* [Improvement] Avoids stealing focus (see options).
* [Improvement] Now much easier to select and preview skin selection, or disable it.
* [Feature] You can now set a custom sound file.
* [Change] The use of a skinned appearance is now disabled by default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version