ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

File Send Link by email as a Single Hotkey without having to leave the webpage

<< < (2/4) > >>

questorfla:
4wd.  Oh well.  This wont quite make the grade. :(  It might if I rewrote the source but all I really need it something much simpler.

The Address shopwing in the addressbar.  Surely IE stored that info somewhere.  I simply need to be able to copy the info from the address bar and put it into the email that opens.  It is already pre-addressed to me and all I have to do is hit send.  BUT.  Before I can do that, I have to copy the website address from the browser address bar into either the subject or body of the email (or both).
I may have to get creative with a batch file that captures that one field and puts it into the correct position of the mailto: command.
http://digbyshelp.blogspot.com/2012/02/html-mailto-options.html
this site has a lot of what got me this far  now only one automatic step left and I am a oneclick fix for sending myself links to site I am on

4wd:
If it's IE we're talking about:

When it's in your Favourites, right-click on it and select Properties:

That should work so that the next time you click the link it will insert your email address - I can't test it as IE is neutered, it requires you have a default email client set on the system, which I don't.

EDIT: Current page is held in JavaScript document property, eg. if you create the following bookmark and then click it a window will open with the URL.

I will close with one final request for Help!  This is affecting numerous people here and is really getting to be a nuisance.  CONDUIT!-questorfla (November 23, 2013, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apart from a piece of pipe, what is it?

4wd:
IE Address Emailer (IEAE)

Edit the .ini file to use your SMTP server and details, there's an example .ini for SSL, (eg. Google), and non-SSL servers - the only difference is the port and the SSL flag.  The .ini needs to be in the same folder as the executable and have the same main name, eg. IEAE.exe = IEAE.ini

Works with Internet Explorer, (only tested with v11), and Firefox, (only tested with Pale Moon/Thunderbird), and doesn't require an email client to do it's dirty work.

You can run it by clicking on it's icon, through the CLI or assign it to a hotkey, (note: it doesn't set or use any hotkeys itself).

By default it looks for Internet Explorer, if you want to use it with Firefox add a parameter starting with f, eg.

IEAE.exe firetruck

When run, it finds the IE/Firefox window, grabs the title and the URL, sends the email, and then exits.  The only time a window is opened is if there is an error sending the email.

For Firefox, the browser will be brought to the front and the URL copied to the clipboard before being emailed, (easiest way to do it).

Subject gets truncated to 70 characters + ...

Naturally, you'll need to allow it through your firewall.

Source is included just so you know I'm not stealing your email addresses

UPDATE: v0.0.0.2

* Added: Now does Firefox or anything based on it, (eg. Pale Moon, Waterfox, Thunderbird, etc - anything with a MozillaWindowClass).
* Added: Check for .ini file - just in case.
* Added: 64 bit version - use it if you have a 64 bit OS.

questorfla:
WOW! ;D :tellme:

what a Fright!  Clicked your link and got a GIANT warning from BitDefender telling me that the site I am about to visit is known to have MALWARE or some such!  I am trying to get it to repeat so I can send you a screenshot.  I was already on the site reading your posts, clicked the link to DL the file and WHAM.  I told it to let me in anyway so I might not be able to get it to do it again.  It must be something new , I have seen it only a couple of times all in past week or so.   Just an FYI.  I will notify Bit defender of their false positive.

questorfla:
OK.  It's official.  I'm, an idiot.   :tellme:

I have ZERO ideas as to what to do with this.  What is a GZQUAR file?

as in IEAE.EXE.195020.GZQUAR?
Not to  mention IEAE.au3>?

Did my copy of Fastunzipsnack just blow a fuse? 
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version