ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AOMEI Backupper FREE + AOMEI Partition Assistant FREE - Mini-Review

<< < (4/12) > >>

IainB:
2014-03-19 2330hrs: Updated opening post review to include links to DC Forum discussions:

* AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional Edition 5.5 free.
* Comparison of Drive Imaging backup tools (both free and commercial): Raymond.cc compares 20 Drive Imaging Tools - AOMEI Backupper was very highly rated.

Curt:
[original posted deleted. wrong location!]

tomos:
 :Thmbsup: Well, I successfully restored one system image via Aomei Backerupper free version (henceforth 'AB')

# AB offers to do a full disc backup (imaging). In my case there's three partitions.
=> Partitions can be individually restored.
? does anyone know -
if the partitions are destroyed - or changed, can Aomei still restore the complete drive?
Or would the partitions have to be recreated before it could restore?

If AB doesnt do that, is there any other software that will make a backup of the partition structure (not their contents) ?
EDIT// I will have also have a go with their Partition software

tomos:
:Thmbsup: Well, I successfully restored one system image via Aomei Backerupper free version (henceforth 'AB')
-tomos (July 27, 2015, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

did (another) restore - just of the OS partition - worked fine again :up:
Previous restore was from a 'System backup' image which includes any hidden boot mumbo-jumbo :p :)

Comparison chart:
http://www.backup-utility.com/edition-comparison.html

"Exclude Files from File Backup" is listed for all editions:
does anyone know if this is possible when creating an image? (I think it isn't possible to exclude files from an image, but hope I'm wrong)

Shades:
When you create an image, the whole concept is to take everything.  If you don't want that, you are making a plain file backup.

Depending on the format used for the generated image file, there might be software that allows you to peek inside those files, allowing you to read and copy stuff from that image file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version