ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: FileSearchy - Quick file search utility (freeware)

<< < (10/11) > >>

sajman99:
High CPU usage is a bug, that is fixed in the latest version 1.11.
-Cashper (February 17, 2014, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Cashper. More good news. :up:

CPU seemed high to me, but I figured I would ask. I was going to post in the FileSearchy forum rather than here, but it appears the forum is no more. It seems you fixed the issue before I could post about it.  :P

sajman99:
OK, I can confirm CPU usage and context menu integration have been fixed. :up:

I like that Advanced mode retains search terms and the last used fields. However, Instant mode takes a different approach -- it remembers nothing. Even if the user moves from Instant to Advanced and then back, search terms are not remembered. :huh:

To counter this imbalance, Instant mode needs some options. So how about an option to remember last used search terms? Or remember last X search terms? Or maybe even "Remember last search" (ie. search + results)? These are just ideas -- something to consider.

Also, a Bookmarks function would permit frequently used searches to be performed quickly.

Cashper:
I like that Advanced mode retains search terms and the last used fields. However, Instant mode takes a different approach -- it remembers nothing. Even if the user moves from Instant to Advanced and then back, search terms are not remembered.
-sajman99 (February 24, 2014, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Instant mode makes a search with each letter you enter. I don't think it's reasonable to remember instant searches - they are easy to retype.
But i recognize that moving from instant to expanded and back with loosing results is counter intuitive. I will try to come up with a better solution in future.
The latest today's release 1.2 allows to jump from a match to correct position with double click.
Another important change is that content search speed is improved due to using multiple threads.
Pro version now has an ability to search contents of e-books (EPUB, FB2, MOBI).

sajman99:
Hi Cashper, I have FileSearchy 1.2 and the tab jumping works well. Thanks for adding that function.  8)

Have you considered support for literal operators (AND, OR, NOT) in Instant mode? I had that in mind when asking about history lists, bookmarks, etc. because sometimes the search terms can get rather lengthy when using multiple literal operators.

Cashper:
FileSearchy 1.22 has released.
It includes a function that some of you have asked for: sort by "relevance" (number of matches).
Change list:
- Columns of search results table are now configurable. It is possible to select which columns to show, to change width and position.
- New columns of search results table are available: number of matches, created time, last access time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version