ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: FileSearchy - Quick file search utility (freeware)

<< < (9/11) > >>

Cashper:
Also, the context menu integration remains a bit buggy. I have it disabled in options but "Search with FileSearchy" always shows after a few content searches.
-sajman99 (January 26, 2014, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tracked down this problem. The next release will have a fix.

sajman99:
Great news to hear of these fixes and improvements planned for upcoming FileSearchy releases. :up:  Cashper, a couple more questions...

In the event of more than 100 matches in a file, I have noticed that FileSearchy indicates (in The Matches tab) "Only the first 100 matches are shown". Huh...why that limitation? What if there were 500 matches in a file? Then FileSearchy wouldn't show 400 matches in the Matches tab?

I would also like to ask about a "File/Save Parameters" and "File/Open Parameters" feature. This would function to preserve active fields for future searches. Also, it would help to avoid repetitive data entry (of multiple file type/delimiter configs) each time history is cleared. Settings and tabs are saved, so maybe parameters could be also? :tellme:

Cashper:
In the event of more than 100 matches in a file, I have noticed that FileSearchy indicates (in The Matches tab) "Only the first 100 matches are shown". Huh...why that limitation? What if there were 500 matches in a file? Then FileSearchy wouldn't show 400 matches in the Matches tab?
-sajman99 (February 13, 2014, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

This limitation is because of slow matches highlighting. In future this will be resolved by either fast highlighting or by additional button to show all matches.

I would also like to ask about a "File/Save Parameters" and "File/Open Parameters" feature. This would function to preserve active fields for future searches. Also, it would help to avoid repetitive data entry (of multiple file type/delimiter configs) each time history is cleared. Settings and tabs are saved, so maybe parameters could be also?
-sajman99 (February 13, 2014, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sound useful and easy to implement. I will add this soon.

sajman99:
Thanks again, Cashper.  8)

I have experimented a bit and see that any content changes are recognized by FileSearchy very quickly. Dare I say instantaneously!

Since I haven't had any desktop search software installed in a long time, I am curious as to what kind of CPU hit would be expected. Here I am seeing regular 50% CPU usage as FileSearchy reads the USN Journal. 

Are other FileSearchy users observing the same or similar CPU usage? Would regular 50% CPU usage be normal and expected?

Cashper:
High CPU usage is a bug, that is fixed in the latest version 1.11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version