ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

User directory incorrectly set

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Can you try this new beta and let me know if it solves the problem:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/LaunchBarCommander/downloads/beta/LaunchBarCommanderSetup.exe
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/LaunchBarCommander/downloads/beta/LaunchBarCommanderPortable.zip

Important:

Make sure you DELETE the LaunchBarCommander.ini and LaunchBarCommander.mcp files in each user's data directory FIRST.

If this still fails to let each user set and remember a different .mcf launchbar file, please show me the .ini files again for each user, as you did earlier.

mouser:
The key clue is in the 2 side by side screenshots you showed of the LauncBarCommander.ini files for each user.

Those screenshots show that LBC is incorrectly using the .mcp project files from its PROGRAM FILES directory, instead of the respective .mcp project file in each user's directory.

I think this happened because, although i told you before to delete your .ini files, LBC itself was copying the ones in your LBC program files directory into each user's directory on first run.  The new version shouldn't do that.

I've also added code now that should prevent LBC from loading a .mcp project file from somewhere OTHER than where the config (ini) directory is, even if the ini file tells it to, unless its running in portable mode.

Happy Expat:
LBC 1.138.05 Nailed that little bug(gar)!   :)
One small anomaly - When LBC first launched (in TFC) it correctly picked up the local account's parameters. I exited LBC and then switched to the colin account and it started up with the TFC parameters. However, I experimented further and closed the incorrect (TFC) user file and opened the local (colin) file. That did the trick. I can now switch back and forth between the accounts, leaving LBC open in each one and everything is as it should be in both accounts. That was quite fortuitous because I could so easily have exclaimed "Oh darn, it didn't work" or something similar. :P
I didn't test the portable version but can give it a whirl for you if there is the slightest possibility it may have different code.
Now to surprise the wife and surreptitiously activate it in her account.  :o
Thanks Mouser, I appreciate having all your efforts devoted to solving MY problems. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
I can now switch back and forth between the accounts, leaving LBC open in each one and everything is as it should be in both accounts.
--- End quote ---

And to confirm, if you exit LBC and restart it, it remembers that each user had a different file opened on the last exit, and loads up the proper different last file for each?

Happy Expat:
I can now switch back and forth between the accounts, leaving LBC open in each one and everything is as it should be in both accounts.
--- End quote ---

And to confirm, if you exit LBC and restart it, it remembers that each user had a different file opened on the last exit, and loads up the proper different last file for each?
-mouser (November 28, 2013, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Obviously, my bad grammar. My test procedure was to move back and forth with all the discrete permutations of LBC active or inactive, 1 account or 2 accounts and the results were the same. I didn't however do a full system shut down.
Which bit of perfect was confusing you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version