ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

User directory incorrectly set

(1/4) > >>

Happy Expat:
WINXP(SP3)32 bit LBC 1.137.01
Even though the CONFIGDIR parameter is set to %MYDOCUMENTS%, LBC is still loading the project files for the previously active/loaded user account.
If I manually open the file for the "current" user account then when I switch users the same project opens and remains open until I manually open the pertinent file. The newly opened file then becomes the default wherever I operate from.
Attached image shows the ConfigDir file and the LBC Configuration pane.
The system is successfully utilising the local language name for My Documents because the project folders are loaded and saved to the appropriate directory when running. It's just not doing it automatically at run time.
Should I be replacing the absolute user account details for a system variable in the LBC configuration pane?
It is conceivable that I could utilise one LBC project across both the accounts but I'm unsure (Scared) whether there would be significant conflicts between default data directories for any programs activated via LBC.

mouser:
Your configdir.ini file looks fine.

This can be a little bit confusing, so let me make sure we are on the same page.

Unlike my other programs, for LBC, when you specify the configdir.ini override, you are telling it where to save its basic options file, and a .mcp (project) file which tells LBC which .mcfg launchbar files were last open.

So to test if its working you should log in to each user account, run LBC, and then load whatever mcf launchbar files are appropriate for that user.  Then exit LBC.  Then do the same for the other user account(s).

What you should see is that the different users LBC will remember that they had different files opened.

Put another way, LBC will not stop userA and userB from having the same launchbar files open -- that's up to you.

But what it should remember, when you make the change in the configdir.ini file as you have, is that different users had different files loaded.

Can you check that and then let me know if it's not working?

Happy Expat:
User A is definitely opening User B's Menu and vice versa when User B's files are loaded and user accounts are switched. I'm just switching active user [WIN+L] as opposed to "logging off", could this make a difference?
Each user has an LBC folder in their document folder with discrete files stored therein. Did I misunderstand when I first set it up? Should I have left all the user files in the LBC Program folder so that all can be accessed but only those for the "calling" account load on program start?
If I can't get it to function with individual users but one program folder can I install the software directly into each user's documents environment so that they may act as discrete environments?

mouser:
Each user has an LBC folder in their document folder with discrete files stored therein.
--- End quote ---

That sounds like the right way to do it.

Let me try to reproduce the problem here, I don't know why it's not working for you.

Let me ask, where is LBC saving its settings.ini and .mcp file now that you have changed your configdir.ini file?
Is it saving in the user documents directory, or is it still saving in the program files directory?

Happy Expat:
I'm attaching some image files showing all the directories (sorted reverse chronological) so ypou can easily see what was updated when in relative terms. Also attached are the contents of the config file for both accounts.
it looks like the .mpc files are going into the LBC account with the others going to the respective user accounts
LBC is not active so the config files are as saved on last usage for each account.
Interestingly, I'm working in the admin account but IrfanView saved the images to the desktop for my personal account so I had to "reach over" to get them. If I recall correctly, IrfanView has always done this, even on my earlier Vista machine (Screwed Graphics built into the motherboard so no saving). Would you like me to take a quick peep at any IV config files to compare?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version