ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

central addressbook software for syncing everything with everything

<< < (2/9) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Er...here's an odd thing or question:

Since I previously had a Windows Phone 8, all my contacts were perfectly synced on it.  If I login to the Windows Live site on my computer, the same perfectly synced contacts show up.  Now, one would expect to be able to link those contacts to my desktop Outlook 2010...but such an option doesn't seem to exist!  What the Fu--!  Microsoft won't even play nice with itself?  Geez.-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe I was actually glad none of the crap in my MSN/Hotmail/Live account cluttered up my Outlook ... But I know what you mean. Seems like I did find a way to bounce stuff between at one point, but I think it involved the Zune (or whatever it's called) software and individual .vcf contact files.

superboyac:

Since I previously had a Windows Phone 8, all my contacts were perfectly synced on it.  If I login to the Windows Live site on my computer, the same perfectly synced contacts show up.  Now, one would expect to be able to link those contacts to my desktop Outlook 2010...but such an option doesn't seem to exist!  What the Fu--!  Microsoft won't even play nice with itself?  Geez.-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe I was actually glad none of the crap in my MSN/Hotmail/Live account cluttered up my Outlook ... But I know what you mean. Seems like I did find a way to bounce stuff between at one point, but I think it involved the Zune (or whatever it's called) software and individual .vcf contact files.
-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2013, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
So how do you keep track of contacts on your phone/computer?  What if you manually add one on the computer?  What if you manually add one on the phone?  Do you keep exporting/importing them with csv files?  What about profile photos?  What about info changing on facebook or linkedin (emails, numbers, etc.)?

Stoic Joker:
MS hosted Exchange: $4 per user per month - with a 1 user minimum - and it will sync everything with anything (Android/iLife/etc.) on the fly.
-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2013, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Where can I find more details on the features?  I'm checking out their website, and the lingo is so stupid and corporate bullshit.  How do the contacts get on the android?  is it integrated, or is it a separate app?  How does it work with desktop outlook 2010?  Photos from facebook?-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are seriously being way too kind. It really is total shit. ;)

If you can give me a day or so I can setup a demo acct for you (we're an MS cloud partner) so you can play with a live copy to see if it really does what you want.

superboyac:
MS hosted Exchange: $4 per user per month - with a 1 user minimum - and it will sync everything with anything (Android/iLife/etc.) on the fly.
-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2013, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Where can I find more details on the features?  I'm checking out their website, and the lingo is so stupid and corporate bullshit.  How do the contacts get on the android?  is it integrated, or is it a separate app?  How does it work with desktop outlook 2010?  Photos from facebook?-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are seriously being way too kind. It really is total shit. ;)

If you can give me a day or so I can setup a demo acct for you (we're an MS cloud partner) so you can play with a live copy to see if it really does what you want.
-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2013, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
THANK YOU!  That would be really awesome of you.

Stoic Joker:

Since I previously had a Windows Phone 8, all my contacts were perfectly synced on it.  If I login to the Windows Live site on my computer, the same perfectly synced contacts show up.  Now, one would expect to be able to link those contacts to my desktop Outlook 2010...but such an option doesn't seem to exist!  What the Fu--!  Microsoft won't even play nice with itself?  Geez.-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2013, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
So how do you keep track of contacts on your phone/computer?  What if you manually add one on the computer?  What if you manually add one on the phone?  Do you keep exporting/importing them with csv files?  What about profile photos?  What about info changing on facebook or linkedin (emails, numbers, etc.)?-superboyac (November 15, 2013, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

For our operation (we have Exchange in-house) The Exchange side keeps everything synced between devices, and I just ignore the MSN/Hotmail/Live account that clutters up my phone. I should have tied it to my work live account, but had a stupid moment and plugged in my personal account instead ... And I never got around to flattening the phone (a requirement that truly does suck) to switch accounts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version