ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

N.A.N.Y. 2014 Release: Text Inspection & Manipulation Utility

<< < (14/27) > >>

DyNama:
Here's one more suggestion for an addition to Lines. The text in input puts in output from character 1 to the last delimiter (space, hyphen, period, etc.) before character 138 with a continuation character like " …" (space+ellipsis character, U+2026) or " ►" (space+black right pointer, U+25BA) appended at the end for copying to clipboard and pasting into twitter and not exceed the 140-character limit. I do this manually at the mo. I could cut the tweet to the clipboard, then press the button to put the remaining text into the input box to parcel out the next tweet.

so input box would have
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
--- End quote ---

and output box would show
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable ►

Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
--- End quote ---

The first break is at the last delimiter before 138 characters--in this example, the total length is 136 characters. The middle box would have the continuation character of choice, like " ►". This would be very handy as i am an avid twitterholic  :D.

phitsc:
You want the rest in one piece, or would this be desirable:?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable ►

Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among ►

Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

--- End quote ---

DyNama:
Sure, phitsc, doing the entire input all at once would be very desirable, i didn't want to ask for too much!  :-[

You want the rest in one piece, or would this be desirable:?

Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among ►

Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

--- End quote ---
-phitsc (May 03, 2014, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

In fact, if the maximum line length and the continuation character were input by the user, this could have multiple uses. For example, i could set the line length to 66, then Prepend "|   " to get an inset paragraph 70 chars wide:

|   We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
|   equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
|   unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the
|   pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments
|   are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the
|   consent of the governed
--- End quote ---

or i could set it at 68 and Prepend "< " to get an old ASCII e-mail quoted paragraph, again 70 chars wide:

> We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
> equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
> unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the
> pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are
> instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of
> the governed
--- End quote ---

if anyone still wants those.

So formatting a paragraph with a fixed maximum width could turn out to be pretty handy. The continuation character could be added with the Append function, I really don't mind a 2-step process (or even more steps).

DyNama:
Another issue for TIMU 0.12.0.0. When I paste a list in the input box in Split:

"A Kiss Before Frying" OR "Bittersweet" OR "Brain Doe" OR "Code Blue Plate Special" OR "Crime After Crime" OR "CSI Down" OR "CSI Unplugged" OR "Dead Air" OR "Dead Or Alive" OR "Double Fault" OR "Exile" OR "Forget Me Not" OR "Ghosts of the Past" OR "House of Hoarders" OR "In Vino Veritas" OR "It Was a Very Good Year" OR "Kitty" OR "Last Woman Standing" OR "Lost and Found"
--- End quote ---

and put " OR " (space+OR+space) as the separator string, it does not split "Dead Or Alive" regardless of the Ignore Case toggle. It does not split it if i put " or " either regardless of the toggle. It always splits "Dead Or Alive" (and only that one) if i put " Or " regardless of the Ignore Case toggle.

phitsc:
New release:

* Added Search & Replace - Highlight word multiplication
* Added Web - Twitter
* Added List - Trim to size
Just saw that the line trimming is not quite correct though. I think my algorithm that calculates the line length takes the space after the word into account for the line length check (although the space is removed later before the append-text is appended). Will have to fix this some other time :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version