ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The most disturbing news story I've read all year

<< < (5/5)

IainB:
...Sorry if I come across being narked about the IA. It only looks that way because I am.  >:(
-40hz (November 20, 2013, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't blame you for being a bit narked about it. I was too, but only because it destroyed my silly belief that things were otherwise.

As I wrote:
My new awareness on this point means that I have just turned from being a strong supporter of Archive.org to being an indifferent non-supporter.
-IainB (November 19, 2013, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

...and I want my donations back, as I would not have wanted to donate had I been aware of what I now understand. False pretences. It was carefully hidden in plain view behind all the hype. I really should have known better than to rely on belief. Gullible.

IainB:
And while those in power can easily tailor their own historical "truth" as needed, the people beneath them are stringently held hostage by emaculate records of their every waking hour to be sure that at all points they both can and will be held accountable for the merest of miss-steps.
-Stoic Joker (November 20, 2013, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
What, "every waking hour" from from birth to death?
Would that include things such as, for example (say) birth certificates, citizenship records, religio-political affiliations and scholastic records?
Just wondering.    :tellme:

Stoic Joker:
And while those in power can easily tailor their own historical "truth" as needed, the people beneath them are stringently held hostage by emaculate records of their every waking hour to be sure that at all points they both can and will be held accountable for the merest of miss-steps.
--- End quote ---
Would that include things such as, for example (say) birth certificates, citizenship records, religio-political affiliations and scholastic records?
-IainB (November 20, 2013, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Between the NSA, FaceBook, Google Glass, the new HIPAA laws, and the DMV ... I'm going to go with yes on that.

40hz:
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

Between the NSA, FaceBook, Google Glass, the new HIPAA laws, and the DMV ... I'm going to go with yes on that.
-Stoic Joker (November 20, 2013, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You left out pecker measurement. They got that too I'm sure. ;D

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---
Just wondering.    :tellme:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (November 20, 2013, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You left out pecker measurement. They got that too I'm sure. ;D
-40hz (November 21, 2013, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

That got covered (/measured) in the LG thread ... Damn panda had a camera in it too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version