ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to use the desktop mic/speakers to talk on Android phone?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
If the phone is connected to the computer and installs as a modem, why not give the windows phone dialer a shot. Assuming it's still in there somewhere...(I haven't gone looking for it since Win2k)...that's what it used to be for.

Curt:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I do it all the time using my Google Voice number through Google Talk. Well, it's actually been renamed to Google Hangouts. But basically, just open up Gmail or Google+ and Hangouts, then make a call to a phone. I don't even have phone service most of the time. I just use Google Voice when I'm connected to the internet (even on my Android phone).-Deozaan (November 11, 2013, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hangouts seems not to be free of charge. How much money are you spending for how many national calling hours per month? I mean, is it really really cheap?

After-edited:
I have found the prices, and unless you are in the USA or India, it is not even cheap. I phone a lot cheaper. https://www.google.com/voice/rates

Well, the idea sounded good.  :up:

Deozaan:
It's free in the USA and Canada. I don't make any international phone calls.

Curt:
It's free in the USA and Canada. -Deozaan (November 12, 2013, 03:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

-then it is obviously the wrong service and chart I have linked to!

superboyac:
I think Deo is right, the google voice way is the best option currently.  I was trying to basically have my computer use my cell phone service inside the machine, but that is not possible.  the best i can do is receive alerts and notifications from my phone visible on my desktop, and then use google voice to make the call.  i can also do certain hardware things like pair my phone inside the house with a bluetooth adapter that links it to a landline, which then can be connected to the computer and do some additional voip stuff or google voice things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version