ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

<< < (9/11) > >>

MerleOne:
She thinks however she might be Finnish, so much for a non existing language...
--- End quote ---

wait.. you mean the Finnish language is a real thing?  I thought it was a made up language like Klingon..  :huh:
-mouser (December 22, 2013, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's just a wild guess, from her.  But since she teaches linguistics in La Sorbonne in Paris, I guess this might be a clue.  In the seventies I has never heard of finnish before, so there was no way I could dinstinguish it from a made up language.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

wait.. you mean the Finnish language is a real thing?  I thought it was a made up language like Klingon..  :huh:
--- End quote ---

I thought it was a language invented on the Muppets.
But on searching, I discovered that was Sweedish :D

Gwen7:
--- End quote ---

wait.. you mean the Finnish language is a real thing?  I thought it was a made up language like Klingon..  :huh:
--- End quote ---

lol! you're joking. i hope.

fyi: Tolkien modeled his elvish language (called: quenyan) on the finnish language. if you go look on youtube for readings from the Kalevala (finland's national epic) you can hear what it sounds like. it's a pretty language. Tolkein also borrowed from the Kalevala for his own stories. :-)

Edvard:
Relevant:

Instant happiness  :Thmbsup:

MerleOne:
Eureka : it is Ekkoleg by Grethe Agatz,
http://www.watzatsong.com/fr/found/Grethe%20Agatz-BO%20Viva%20la%20muerte%20(Ekkoleg)-63781.html

I heard it by chance in a TV movie broadcasted a few days ago and it was mentioned at the end of the credits.

Thanks to all who helped !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version