ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

<< < (7/11) > >>

MerleOne:
I think I have an inkling of what you're looking for, but I heard it a long time ago in the company of some very interesting individuals whose whereabouts I no longer know.

You mentioned french; perhaps a female singer covering Plastic Bertrand's "Ça Plane Pour Moi"? (the lyrics apparently make no sense, even in the original french).

As an aside, I did find something interesting in my searches:

Prisencolinensinainciusolw
The song was produced with the purpose of exposing Italian pop artists and musicians who were deceiving the public, pretending to speak/understand English lyrics and plagiarizing American and English songs, so this was a satirical parody to underscore the fact that those artists and musicians were not fluent in any form of English at all, and the Italian public would accept and popularize any song sounding like English, whether or not it was accurate.
--- End quote ---

Or maybe it could be one of these?:
http://www.who-sang-that-song.com/nonsense-word-song-titles.html

-Edvard (November 13, 2013, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  It was none of them but I'll definitely have a look to the website you mention.

MerleOne:
Not the '70s, but the gestalt bears a resemblance:

-Edvard (November 13, 2013, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I happen to have this album. I think one of the tracks was used by Newtek, a US company that made the "Video Toaster" for Amiga a while back.  And sorry, it's not part of this album.  Thanks.

MerleOne:
After The Gold Rush by Prelude 1974

-Curt (November 13, 2013, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion and no alas, not that one.  The singer was alone and younger. AFAIR.

MerleOne:
Hi all,

A friend of mine, actually a friend of my sisters, was able to recall the melody, but not the title neither the singer.  She thinks however she might be Finnish, so much for a non existing language...

Here is the public link to this tune :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14809726/Tune_Nov2013.mp3

If this inspires anyone...

Thanks.

Curt:
sorry, I couldn't help it

077 Finnish Whistler - Roger Whittaker - 100 70'er Hits.mp3 (3014.13 kB - downloaded 213 times.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version