ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

<< < (6/11) > >>

MerleOne:
If anybody here would know who that is, it probably would be app103. She's the only person I know who is even more into fringe and obscure musicians, instruments, and idioms than I am. ;D

How about it April? You're our resident whiz for this sort of thing. :)
-40hz (November 11, 2013, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I can't help with this one. Not really an expert in foreign language (non-English) music.

Only one artist comes to mind when referring to songs in a made up language, and that would be Adiemus, but they didn't come into existence till the 90's...and they really couldn't be considered pop, any way. (new age)

-app103 (November 11, 2013, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, but definitely not that one, the singer is alone, and has a child-like voice.  I have a little hope to identify this song by asking a friend of my sisters that spent some time in UK.  But in any cases, keep sending suggestions and many thanks for all those already received.  If I could just remember the melody, this would help a lot, but for the moment it's gone.  Hypnosis  maybe ?

I have a similar experience with Köln Recital by Keith Jarett.  At that time, when one of my sisters brought back home this record and played it, I was mesmerized by this strange music.  Many years later, I came across a CD transcription of that legendary concert, and when I listened to it again after all those years, I couldn't recognize it, only the strangeness of the music was familiar.  I guess it would be the same here.

Edvard:
I think I have an inkling of what you're looking for, but I heard it a long time ago in the company of some very interesting individuals whose whereabouts I no longer know.

You mentioned french; perhaps a female singer covering Plastic Bertrand's "Ça Plane Pour Moi"? (the lyrics apparently make no sense, even in the original french).

As an aside, I did find something interesting in my searches:

Prisencolinensinainciusolw
The song was produced with the purpose of exposing Italian pop artists and musicians who were deceiving the public, pretending to speak/understand English lyrics and plagiarizing American and English songs, so this was a satirical parody to underscore the fact that those artists and musicians were not fluent in any form of English at all, and the Italian public would accept and popularize any song sounding like English, whether or not it was accurate.
--- End quote ---

Or maybe it could be one of these?:
http://www.who-sang-that-song.com/nonsense-word-song-titles.html

Edvard:
Not the '70s, but the gestalt bears a resemblance:

tomos:
[Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi]
-Edvard (November 13, 2013, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

really enjoyed hearing that again :up:

Curt:
After The Gold Rush by Prelude 1974