ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Reference Overlay Tool

(1/4) > >>

wraith808:
NANY 2014 Release Information
Application NameReference Overlay ToolShort DescriptionOverlay the Desktop with Reference InformationSupported OSesWindows XP/7 (Should work in Vista/8 also, but untested)Web Pagehttp://thinkshui.net/software/reference-overlay-tool/Setup FilePortableDescriptionI use my Logitech G13 for my game controller, and it has a pretty cool configuration utility that shows you the keys and allows you to map your controls.  I was using it for a reference for a while.  Then I purchased more Logitech peripherals, and they worked great with the utility, other than the fact that my mouse is wired/wireless, and whenever I plugged/unplugged it, the stupid app would automatically switch to the mouse- very inconvenient if I do this in a game.  Also, having the ability to bring it up as an overlay would have been nice.

Enter the Reference Overlay Tool.  It does one simple thing- points to a directory of images, and displays them in a transparent window.
FeaturesImplemented

* Displays images from a directory (PNG only currently)
* Allows the user to move back and forth through the images
* Allows the user to specify whether the images are stretched to the size of the window or not
* Save settings
* Allow user to change the opacity
Planned

* Allow the user to specify whether the window should always be on top or not
* Look into supporting other image typesScreenshotsNANY 2014 Release: Reference Overlay ToolNANY 2014 Release: Reference Overlay ToolNANY 2014 Release: Reference Overlay ToolScreencastDocumentationhttp://www.thinkshui.net/docs/referenceoverlaytool/InstallationWith .NET 4.0 installed, unzip application to location and run.UninstallingDelete application install location.
NotesRequires .NET 4.0.

rgdot:
 :Thmbsup:

Is it png only?

wraith808:
For right now.  I'm not sure if that's going to be a permanent limitation or not.

kyrathaba:
Nice, wraith! I always enjoy your submissions.

wraith808:
With no other input, I plan to aim for Friday to release the final version.  If there's any problems you're having, or any suggestions, let me know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version