ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Reference Overlay Tool

<< < (3/4) > >>

towlerg:
Your app is great, exactly what I've been looking for. I like to play with electronics and this app is perfect for permanently displaying integrated circuit pin-outs.

[attachtimg=1]  This sort of thing.

A couple of things that would make this prog even better

a. option to retain the native aspect ratio of the .png when resizing (minimize screen footprint)

b. command line option to display default .png (convenience)

c  option to use system tray instead of task bar (maximize task bar space)

d. option to remove toolbar and png name, use right click context menu (minimize screen footprint)

e. set window size to native picture size (fidelity and minimize screen footprint)

If any of these get in the way of your future plans for this prog, then scatch 'em of without a second thought.

Once again, thank you

George

wraith808:
Thanks for the feedback!  Your suggestions do make a lot of sense... I'm going to try to see what I can do as far as incorporation your ideas.  Thanks again!

Refereree:
Hey, I would also like to share another tool with you, since I was looking something like this before. I think it has been introduced here at DonationCoder before, but just a heads up!

It is called "Custom Desktop Logo" and it pretty much does the same thing, but without window borders and such, this feature was an answer to my need. Everything is controlled by settings in task bar. Check it out if interested:
http://customdesktoplogo.wikidot.com/

towlerg:
I tried "Custom Desktop Logo" and in some ways it was even better (absolute min footprint), however it is just to laborious to move the image around. Wraith808's concept is that you move and resize the image to minimize interference with the underlying app. Wraith808,  I hope that you haven't given up on this app, love to see a version 2.

George

wraith808:
I tried "Custom Desktop Logo" and in some ways it was even better (absolute min footprint), however it is just to laborious to move the image around. Wraith808's concept is that you move and resize the image to minimize interference with the underlying app. Wraith808,  I hope that you haven't given up on this app, love to see a version 2.
-towlerg (March 29, 2014, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, just been working on projects, so haven't been able to get an update out.  I'll try to do that as soon as possible!  Thanks for the encouragement!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version