ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free FTP storage using my own FTP client??

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Free FTP storage using my own FTP client??  Does it exist?  I don't want automatic sync.  I'd rather use FreeCommander as it has FTP client and folder sync features I already know how to use.  I just tried Google Drive but I think the folder change detection may be bringing Explorer to its knees.  (I have to remove GD and test to be sure.)  I copied a couple hundred files into a different folder on the same partition(not the GD folder) and it virtually hung Explorer.  I only need a few GB.  But the manual control is the important part.

Ath:
AFAICS, FTP is not secure enough to be considered for transporting sensitive stuff across the internet, so DropBox and Wuala are often used as an alternative.

MilesAhead:
The stuff isn't sensitive.  I just want to store it so I can download it later.  :)

I just tried Google Drive.  Explorer drag and drop copy, not involving the GD folder, just on the same partition, was reduced to a crawl that hung for long periods, then crawled again.  I uninstalled GD and now it's back to normal.  I don't need all this auto-sync stuff.  FreeCommander sync is just fine.

dr_andus:
I just tried Google Drive.  Explorer drag and drop copy, not involving the GD folder, just on the same partition, was reduced to a crawl that hung for long periods, then crawled again.  I uninstalled GD and now it's back to normal.
-MilesAhead (November 08, 2013, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had a similar experience with Google Drive Sync when I tried it a few days ago. It crashed Dopus every time I tried to right-click on a .gsheet file, and when I went off-line, my entire system slowed to a crawl, until I quit GDS.

MilesAhead:
I'm trying MEGA. Supposedly 50 GB free storage.  But it seems to be Web interface only.  It's cumbersome if I can't use FreeCo9mmander smart syncing.  The WiFi here ain't the greatest.  Web upload totally hobbles FF Portable 25.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version