ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass - What are your thoughts?

<< < (10/10)

J-Mac:
Just another thanks to IainB for info, :up: I'm usually thorough about stuff like this, but this one I overlooked. I'm using Lastpass without any problems since 2010 and My number of "Password Iterations" was only 1, and when I've changed it to 5000 I've noticed that Firefox Lastpass addon is a little slower to login now, but I can live with that. :)
-lotra (November 09, 2013, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've noticed LP acting slower lately also but wasn’t certain if it was the new version or the change to the iterations setting.

Thanks!

Jim

lotra:
I've noticed LP acting slower lately also but wasn’t certain if it was the new version or the change to the iterations setting.
-J-Mac (November 09, 2013, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I guess it's only logical for it to be slower and it's also using more cpu cycles during encryption since its number of rounds is much bigger now.

tomos:
-J-Mac (November 09, 2013, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I guess it's only logical for it to be slower and it's also using more cpu cycles during encryption since its number of rounds is much bigger now.
-lotra (November 09, 2013, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I only got notification of an update (version 3) today per email - is that the new version you're talking about?

lotra:
I only got notification of an update (version 3) today per email - is that the new version you're talking about?
-tomos (November 09, 2013, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not me, I think it's safer to wait for a while, cause people are reporting many problems with this major version change.

oblivion:
Not me, I think it's safer to wait for a while, cause people are reporting many problems with this major version change.
-lotra (November 09, 2013, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Most of the changes seem to be cosmetic -- and, once you get used to them, the lack of need to keep clicking up in the toolbar or the Lastpass icon, are reasonably good.

I haven't seen reports of problems but have experienced some of my own -- running Portable Firefox, on a portable HD under WinXP, the new popup-when-you-click-the-icon-in-the-form functionality comes up blank, and the option to do autofill from the main Lastpass menu is several clicks away. But it's okay on my other systems, and you can restore the previous functionality from the "notifications" setting so I'm not entirely sure waiting for bugfixes is necessary.

(I've reported the problems to LastPass and tried some of their suggestions to no avail; it's starting to look like it might be a conflict with another addon but I haven't got it pinned down yet.)

And, like I said, on my other systems 3.01 looks pretty solid. It's just a change in behaviour that rattles people a bit, I suspect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version