ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

WebCam Detector

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
I don't have a webcam

--- End quote ---

You do now!  :greenclp:

;D
-CleverCat (November 16, 2013, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Little do you know that Chris has secretly implemented a transfer protocol and the two programs, (on your machine and mine), are connected ... I'm actually looking through your camera ...

SMILE

:lol:

c.gingerich:
Ha. @4wd That is odd... I'll look into why it is seeing a webcam that is not there.

@CleverCat - I'm glad it's working for you!

4wd:
@Chris, don't worry about it.  I just tried it on another Win7HP x64 machine and it worked OK, so put it down to just mine requiring a reinstall  :(

But on the off chance, how are you detecting the presence of the webcam, (maybe I have something leftover on my system)?

A little later ... more testing, I just remembered my netbook, (win8 Pro x86), has a webcam  :-[

The netbook hasn't suffered the same OS abuse I've put my desktop through, so it's results should be better - the webcam is enabled and has drivers and is shown working in Device Manager ... however ...

When I ran Cameo I had a window open, (title: Video Source), asking which Capture Source I wanted, there's only the one so I selected it and hit OK.  The icon showed that no webcam was connected and when I used Check Status, it also said no webcam was connected.

Ten seconds later. the Video Source selection window opens again and prompts me to choose another video source - so I select the webcam again.  This time the icon/Check Status says a webcam is connected.

Ten seconds later, Video Source window opens, I select it again and this time it says it's not connected.

And it continues to say it isn't connected, however every ten seconds or any time I use Check Status it asks for the Video Source to use.

Devcon output:
Listing 1 device(s) for setup class "Image" (Imaging devices).
USB\VID_064E&PID_D101&MI_00\6&F281847&0&0000                : Acer Crystal Eye webcam

--- End quote ---

CleverCat:
Little do you know that Chris has secretly implemented a transfer protocol and the two programs, (on your machine and mine), are connected ... I'm actually looking through your camera ...

SMILE

lol

--- End quote ---

I waved!  ;D

StevenDoS:
Would this app detect any webcam software/hardware?  Or just certain ones? Also would it detect webcam on other people's computers?  Also would it be possible to get a copy of the source files, please?

Sincerely,

Steven D. Scalfani
SDS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version