ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

YouTube finally forces creation of google+ A/C to comment

<< < (14/15) > >>

tomos:
I'm just posting to note:
it looks like one can no longer paste text in a YouTube comment box -- I presume this is to protect against people pasting aything (especially anti-google?).

Workaround:

* type anything at all
via computerforum.com

PS I have resigned myself to the YT/G+ situation.

tomos:
I see my YT comments haven't been showing on my g+ page since last August. I dont have a lot of interaction via my g+ account but used to have some (none since August though).
I care, but not a whole lot.
The g+ page was good for giving me an overview of my recent YT activity -- that's what I miss most.

Comments on YT *are* visible when not logged in.
Comment history is no longer shown on my YT channel.

I did check g+ settings: everything was as it should be.
(I did disable and re-enabled some settings, so should check see if that made any difference with new comments -- older comments still not displayed on g+.)

So, g+ and YT alienate me yet again :down:
Probably not a bad thing, because who knows how long g+ is going to last anyways...

wraith808:
Probably not a bad thing, because who knows how long g+ is going to last anyways...
-tomos (February 07, 2016, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hopefully a while.  There's quite a bit of activity on there, no matter what all of the pundits who are waiting for it to fail say.  And their communities are better than boards in the format of them, and definitely better than facebook.

tomos:
-tomos (February 07, 2016, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hopefully a while.  There's quite a bit of activity on there, no matter what all of the pundits who are waiting for it to fail say.  And their communities are better than boards in the format of them, and definitely better than facebook.
-wraith808 (February 07, 2016, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I can see that, but I was thinking what with google's history of killing off stuff that isn't fully successful...

tomos:
It's getting weirder:
if I go to my g+ page, without being logged in to google, I see one [1] post - and am no longer able to access the about page. Almost all my g+ posts were via Youtube -- *nothing* from Youtube is displayed. The about page had a link to my YT account and some scraps of info -- all gone. No info about followers or views are shown (settings only have an option to show views which is ticked).

I checked my settings:
Settings >Manage g+ activity:
here I can click on a dropdown that will show stuff like 'Comments', '+1 on posts', '+1 on comments', etc.
All this information is very dated. And none of it can be seen by visitors.

It really does look to me like google has decided to kill any connection between Youtube and g+. Alternatively this could be just on some accounts...
Either way, pity for me because that was my main use of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version