ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

YouTube finally forces creation of google+ A/C to comment

<< < (12/15) > >>

Deozaan:
It could also be related to your sharing settings. For example, if someone posts a YT video on Google+, it will show up as a YT comment. And any replies made to the Google+ post will also show up as YT comments, but only according to the sharing settings.

In other words, any public posts and comments will show up for anyone. Any private posts and comments will only show up for the people they're shared with.

tomos:
It could also be related to your sharing settings. For example, if someone posts a YT video on Google+, it will show up as a YT comment. And any replies made to the Google+ post will also show up as YT comments, but only according to the sharing settings.

In other words, any public posts and comments will show up for anyone. Any private posts and comments will only show up for the people they're shared with.
-Deozaan (June 09, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

not in this case, all comments/posts were public when made; unless they've made some change & screwed up those settings - better check...

tomos:
Summary:
commenting in YT using my g+ account; public settings:
the post/comment is only visible on YT when I am logged into my g+ account. Otherwise it doesnt show.

It could also be related to your sharing settings. For example, if someone posts a YT video on Google+, it will show up as a YT comment. And any replies made to the Google+ post will also show up as YT comments, but only according to the sharing settings.-Deozaan (June 09, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

the sharing setting are set when making the post - by default, 'Public' & 'Share on g+' are selected here - when posting in YT at any rate. My posts/comments have always been public. I dont see any way of changing that setting after the fact i.e. no way of now making them private (or have I missed something in settings?)

This is not related to not using my real name btw (my paranoia :)).
Anyone else having this problem? (A google search doesnt show anything...)

[edit] is happening to others all right - google YT forums - thread degenerates into censorship conspiracy theories, but I dont think I qualify as being worthy of censorship. At least I presume google knows about the problem, whether they do anything about it remains to be seen.
So,
my sole reason for using g+ is gone :huh: [/edit]

tomos:
Well, they fixed my last problem and seem to have introduced a half-dozen others...

I've read that they have recapitulated on the realname thing, but I've got to say I'm not sure what they're at.
This has been going on for a while now:

Machine #1:
Windows 7; Firefox/PaleMoon; logged into gmail account; in g+/Youtube with my Youtube name; no Java installed:

* I am completely unable to post in YouTube - it always opens a popup offering to start a g+ account with my gmail name suggested
* [edit] I'm unable to view my 'notifications' when in YT
* *but* I am able to thumbsup a video or add it to one of my playlists [/edit]

Machine #2 (differences are: Java *is* installed, and OS):
Windows 8.1; Firefox/PaleMoon; logged into gmail account; in g+/Youtube with my Youtube name; Java installed:

* I *am* able to post in YT using my g+/YT name
* Whenever I load someone else's g+ page, I get an error in loading circles: i.e. I am unable to follow anyone new

At this stage, I suspect this is a combination of pure incompetence, and an unwillingness to let go of the ideal of having gmail and g+ and YT using the same name.

Renegade:
At this stage, I suspect this is a combination of pure incompetence, and an unwillingness to let go of the ideal of having gmail and g+ and YT using the same name.
-tomos (September 09, 2014, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm going to go with incompetence.

I cannot use YT in OF ALL BLOODY BROWSERS... CHROME!!!  :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

No replying. No liking... Pfft. It's idiotic. In CHROME!

Now, in Opera, liking and replying work. But... The volume control always resets to 100% every time for every new video. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

For that one, I'd probably chalk it up to maliciousness rather than incompetence. Google/YT has a vested interest in Chrome and seeing users leave Opera. Incompetence there is possible, but maliciousness wouldn't be unprecedented, e.g. Microsoft with Netscape, etc.

I could be wrong about that, but... I'm just pulling these opinions out of my ass. They're based on jack as I don't have access to inside information and it's all just pure speculation worth pretty much nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version