ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Make a custom 20 key keypad for $10

<< < (2/2)

Edvard:
Fortunately, he's since open sourced his code for LuaMacros on github so at least it's available for inspection if somebody wants to do a GUI for it.
-40hz (February 14, 2016, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

HidMacros is also open source, but it seems that the tools used to build it may be difficult to wrangle:

HidMacros was written in TurboDelphi which was free variant of Borland Delphi. This free version is not available any more so once I reinstall my computer, there's no way how I can continue with HidMacros. I won't spend any money to buy IDE to develop open source free product-http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=241#p794
--- End quote ---

I don't know anything about the Delphi world, so I have no idea how difficult it might be to port to something else (Lazarus, perhaps?).
-mwb1100 (February 14, 2016, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

The dev is a little short-sighted if he had never heard of Lazarus, and never considered Delphi Personal Edition which can still be found all over the web.  Speaking of Lazarus, I'll give it a shot.  Stay tuned.

EDIT: Well, that was quick.  Apparently, the author already has Lazarus code in the Git repo.  Looks like it was simply a quick-and-dirty way to get a 64-bit build of the X-Plane plugin out before he switched to Lua.  Digging through the code now, looks like there's a lot of dependency on Windows-specific stuff (Winhook.dll), as well as the X-Plane SDK, which it looks like he made the thing for in the first place.

https://github.com/me2d13/hidmacros
As Xplane 10 is mainfly 64b application and TurboDelphi is not free with 64b compiler the Xplane plugin was also compiled in Lazarus using free pascal compiler. It has separate folder with sources however it's copy of whole application with only few changes for compilation. The code structure and organization is not perfect now so some cleanup and documentation is one of first tasks to be done. However it works and those are real sources used for last build. The application has several dependencies (DirectX API, SimConnect SDK, X-plane SDK) - those are not included but should be public available. However if anyone has difficulties to compile this application, please contact author at [email protected].
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version