ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

new Site for my Software

<< < (8/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
Why not ????????

Just Waiting for the New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
-Contro (December 29, 2014, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.  :)

Contro:
but what i really don't understand is the original dominion.
Because the tk is not really a dominion.

What is your actual web ?
 :huh:

mwb1100:
-Contro (December 29, 2014, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

.tkw is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Tokelau, a territory of New Zealand located in the South Pacific.

Tokelau allows any individual to register domain names. Users and small businesses may register any number of domain names free of charge (with some restrictions).
--- End quote ---

rgdot:
What he means is that tk doesn't come with any storage

app103:
I have paid hosting. They give you web space, but no domain name. You have to supply your own. There is no URL to point anything to.

What is your actual web ?
 :huh:
-Contro (December 29, 2014, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Things have changed at .tk. You can now use their domain names just as you would a typical .com, by inserting the name server info given to you by your hosting company into .tk's configuration for your domain.

This is far better, as now people can bookmark and share the actual pages on your site, instead of the whole site loading in an iframe.

The way you are doing it, you only have example.tk, all pages are that iframe, and you can not have something like example.tk/downloads/page.html like the site I set up for Miles.

Take a look at one of my (unfinished) sites to see what I mean: http://arussoprojects.tk/  Click around the site and look at the addressbar in your browser. Compare that to what you see on your site.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version