ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does anyone know how I may remove Trojan Dropper:MSIL/Livate.A ?

<< < (2/7) > >>

patteo:
Probably best and quickest to go for the clean install - assuming Windows Recovery hasn't got infected!
-Carol Haynes (November 07, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's a concern.

I have an additional identical ASUS laptop (call it Laptop A that also came pre-installed with Windows 8). This one is not infected.

Just wondering if you know whether if I create an installation recovery disk from it Laptop A, it will install correctly fresh install on my infected laptop (Laptop B) since, I assume the Windows activation process checks for some hardware identifier on (Laptop B) which has already been licensed on their Windows activation server.

The lesson learned is that I should have created a recovery disk when I bought Laptop B before anything like that happened.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

patteo:
Thats a nasty one.

Google "Kapersky Rescue Disk". Download and burn it to a CD (or USB key)? Then boot and allow it to grab the most recent updates? Then disinfect from that.

Haven't run into anything this hasn't been able to squash.

AVG and Avira also have similar bootable scanners if it doesn't.

Luck! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (November 07, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I will probably give this a shot before going "Nuclear" with the Windows  Reinstall.

Thanks

40hz:
Let us know how you make out! :)

Stoic Joker:
Thats a nasty one.

Google "Kapersky Rescue Disk". Download and burn it to a CD (or USB key)? Then boot and allow it to grab the most recent updates? Then disinfect from that.

Haven't run into anything this hasn't been able to squash.

AVG and Avira also have similar bootable scanners if it doesn't.

Luck! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (November 07, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I will probably give this a shot before going "Nuclear" with the Windows  Reinstall.
-patteo (November 07, 2013, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd recommend doing the Kaspersky Rescue Disk route as well. But run ATF cleaner before the KRD scan (it ain't real fast - but it's worth the wait) to shave a few hours off the scan time.

4wd:
There's also ComboFix which can squash quite a few things where others fail.

If you do end up going nuclear on the computer you may as well try running it before you do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version