ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does anyone know how I may remove Trojan Dropper:MSIL/Livate.A ?

<< < (4/7) > >>

40hz:
Might be really cool to do a collaborative antimalware info resource for the community here. There's enough of us at DC that either regularly need to deal with this for clients, or are individuals with some serious real world experiences gained from fixing their own PCs. The DC hive mind should have a lot of good vetted info and tips to share in a more organized manner than just random forum postings.

Ideally it would be a small wiki since it would need to be editable and expandable without it becoming a three mile long thread with dozens of unlinked posts, many of which will become outdated fairly rapidly.

Thoughts anybody? :huh:

superboyac:
Might be really cool to do a collaborative antimalware info resource for the community here. There's enough of us at DC that either regularly need to deal with this for clients, or are individuals with some serious real world experiences gained from fixing their own PCs. The DC hive mind should have a lot of good vetted info and tips to share in a more organized manner than just random forum postings.

Ideally it would be a small wiki since it would need to be editable and expandable without it becoming a three mile long thread with dozens of unlinked posts, many of which will become outdated fairly rapidly.

Thoughts anybody? :huh:
-40hz (November 08, 2013, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would it be similar to this idea I had a while back:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25200.0

I wanted to make a DC-approved list of software for keeping the computer secure, using as many freeware tools as possible.  No BS, no marketing hype...just specific software and the specific type of protection it is the best for.

tomos:
I think the wiki option would be a great idea :up:

I've suggested it myself too :D in particular to try and help keep the software free for business use up-to-date. Cant remember any response, but I didn't followup on it either.

patteo:
Completed scan by Sophos Virus Removal Tool.

I was not surprised that it detected nothing of consequence relating to the Trojan Dropper:MSIL/Livate.A.

I may try a couple of others of the suggested methods before going Nuclear.

4wd:
There's also ComboFix which can squash quite a few things ...
-4wd (November 07, 2013, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Including your OS if you don't know what you're doing, or get a little too careless when attempting to fix things CF reports but doesn't handle automatically. ;D-40hz (November 07, 2013, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hence the reference to "if you're going to re-install you might as well"  ;)  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version