ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Separate out and move files to subfolders

<< < (3/7) > >>

c.gingerich:
Anyone test it out? @nkormanik Does it work like you wanted?

skwire:
I just finished giving this a fairly thorough testing.  Here's my setup:

--- ---OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (Version 6.1 Build 7601) Service Pack 1
CPU: 4 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
MEM: 16 GB
Source folder: c:\tmp5
Target folder: c:\tmp6

Using zero-byte files named File_#.txt where # is 1-to-however-many test files I generated for a given test.

Test #1:

120,000 test files in c:\tmp5
Files per sub-folder: 1000
Command: Copy

* After clicking Run, the statusbar updated to "Processing 0 of 120000" and the CPU usage immediately went to 100% for one of the CPU cores.
* I left it there for a few minutes but nothing was created in the target folder.
* Killed the process, tried again with a files-per-subfolder of 10000 with the same results.
* Tried the various "Sort files by" methods but no changes in behaviour.

Test #2:

10,000 test files in c:\tmp5
Files per sub-folder: 10

* After clicking Run, the statusbar updated to "Processing 0 of 10000" and the CPU usage immediately went to 100% for one of the CPU cores.
* File groups began to be created very slowly.
* When I say slowly, I mean slowly.  After fifteen minutes, the program had only created roughly 300 of the eventual 1000 folders for this test.
* Killed the process as clicking the close button didn't work while the app was in its file processing routine.

Test #3:

1,000 test files in c:\tmp5
Files per sub-folder: 100

* File groups were created successfully.

Test #4:

5,000 test files in c:\tmp5
Files per sub-folder: 100

* After clicking Run, the statusbar updated to "Processing 0 of 10000" and the CPU usage immediately went to 100% for one of the CPU cores.
* File groups were created successfully.  Again, though...much more slowly than I would expect (as a programmer).
I hope this helps some.   :)

c.gingerich:
Wow. That was unexpected... Ok I'll take a look. Thanks for the testing!

TaoPhoenix:
Wow. That was unexpected... ... Thanks for the testing!
-c.gingerich (November 10, 2013, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh since my tests often produce odd results lemme try a couple of tests two, from a diff angle! More news in a bit!
(Hi Skwire!)

c.gingerich:
Ok sounds good. I think I found what the problem is but waiting to hear what you find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version