ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Suggestion: The ability to float screenshots on your workspace

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
My first question... is there an API for SSC?  What I was figuring so that I wouldn't reinvent the wheel is to intercept the saving part of SSC with a plugin that would take the screenshot and float it...  didn't know if that was possible, but it seems like that would be a good plugin.

Thoughts? (And let me know if I should PM these or make a different thread or how you would best like to handle the questions)

Ath:
Wraith, check out the Post-Capture options page in SSC's Preferences

wraith808:
The only problem with that is that I would have to make it a non-resident executable, which would slow down the processing of the file.  I'd like to either have an assembly that SSC could load and call a method that sends the filename to the assembly (sort of like FARR does with plugins) or have it communicate with an already extant instance of an application if I have to go the out of process way- perhaps across windows messaging or some other mechanism.

I'll try the out of process bit... but I'd still like to know if there is a way to create plugins like with FARR.

mouser:
SC doesnt have a plugin system -- it just launches executables.

Regarding wanting to stay resident, might I suggest a commandline option to launch the tool and stay resident, and a commandline option that says to not open a second instance but open the file in currently running instance?

I use such a procedure in some of my apps so that if a second instance is launched, it will just pass execution to the already running copy.  The benefit is that the caller doesn't have to do anything special.

wraith808:
Yeah... that was going to be my second option, but I wanted to get a word back from you first.

Thanks for the info... now off to make something!  (Between NANY/NaNoWriMo/NaGaDeMon I'm going to be busy the next couple of months...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version