ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Dishonored Review

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
@IainB - I think it's Mamori Oshii's 2001 movie Avalon you're referring to.

Easily my all time favorite 'cyber sci-fi' movie. Highly recommended.  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
It's a great game... I just got the DLC discounted, so I'll be revisiting the world soon.  But I can't recommend it enough!

IainB:
@40hz: Ah, thanks - yes, that was the one. I had forgotten its name. There are some words that, for some reason, I repeatedly have difficulty recalling - "Avalon" seems to be one of them. "Lethologica" (the inability to remember a word or put your finger on the right word) isn't one of them.
I originally first got Avalon out from a video store years ago and watched it. It was so good, I watched it all again (something I rarely do with a movie/video). When I years later wanted to get it out from a video store again I couldn't recall its name.
I hadn't registered till now that it was directed by Mamoru Oshi - who also did "Ghost in the Shell", another favourite of mine.

Back on topic, this Dishonoured looks like a good game. I try to avoid games like this as I know I can sometimes get hooked on them and they will become a compulsive time bandit. My first line of defence therefore is not to buy it so I can't touch it and it can't touch me. (Ren and Stimpy: "Will he press the shiny red button?")
I am having enough trouble with the call of Myst Online/URU Live as it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version