ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR V3 Discussion

<< < (2/7) > >>

Nod5:
5. Read/launch Chrome Bookmarks (Chrome Portable version)
-Filipe Meira Castro (November 05, 2013, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
A script could give you that with the current FARR I think. Like my ffbookmarkunpacker but for Chrome.
The script would run on each computer boot and make all Chrome bookmarks made before that day searchable in FARR.
Steps needed in such a script: Loop parse the JSON file ...\GoogleChromePortable\Data\profile\Default\Bookmarks to extract each URL and page title into a .url file and save it to a named subfolder. There are libraries for parsing JSON in ahk and some of my ffbookmarkunpacker code could be reused. But I don't have time to do make it right now. You could post it in the N.A.N.Y. ideas thread and see if there are any takers.

Filipe Meira Castro:
5. Read/launch Chrome Bookmarks (Chrome Portable version)
-Filipe Meira Castro (November 05, 2013, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Nod5 (November 17, 2013, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good idea Nod5 :)
As a workaround I am creating each bookmark as a file and not using Chrome builtin bookmarks system!!

skajfes:
It shouldn't be hard to make a plugin that will open the bookmarks file on demand (plain old json file) and display the bookmarks in FARR

mouser:
My first focus for FARR v3, which I am strongly considering doing for NANY (major new versions of apps are allowed!), is:

1. properly multithread all searching, to eliminate the occasional delays people experience during searching
2. support some optional indexing system

Nod5:
It shouldn't be hard to make a plugin that will open the bookmarks file on demand (plain old json file) and display the bookmarks in FARR
-skajfes (November 17, 2013, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Right, that would be cleaner. But an "unpacker" could have the advantage of easy searching of both bookmarks and regular files simultaneously. E.g. a regular FARR search for "football" displays football.url as well as football.txt, while a plugin that searches only bookmarks would only display the football bookmark and not the .txt.

... FARR v3, which I am strongly considering doing for NANY ...
-mouser (November 17, 2013, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Awesome! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version