ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Arduino Leonardo Touchboard

<< < (2/3) > >>

Edvard:
Theremin is the key.  Once you grasp why theremins work the way they do, sensing proximity is no problem for anything from theremins to burglar alarms to making interesting gadgets with microcontrollers.  I'm thinking a homebrew HotHand-type midi controller, without the need for the funky ring.  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
That would be cool... would you get the same level of control, however?  It seems that depending on a hand is a bit sketchier than depending on a hardware device.

40hz:
That would be cool... would you get the same level of control, however?  It seems that depending on a hand is a bit sketchier than depending on a hardware device.
-wraith808 (November 06, 2013, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Practice makes perfect. Like everything in music. ;D

Most musicians adapt fairly rapidly to new instrument interfaces - as long as they're logical and consistent in operation.

Edvard:
Most musicians adapt fairly rapidly to new instrument interfaces - as long as they're logical and consistent in operation.
--- End quote ---

I would amend that to say "Most younger/incredibly creative musicians..." as, believe it or not though I'm sure you're aware, musicians can be a downright stodgy bunch when something newfangled comes along that "all the kids are using" even when it's "logical and consistent" (yours truly guilty as charged).  ;)

Darn kids, always changing the game before I'm done playing...  >:(

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

I would amend that to say "Most younger/incredibly creative musicians..." as, believe it or not though I'm sure you're aware, musicians can be a downright stodgy bunch when something newfangled comes along that "all the kids are using" even when it's "logical and consistent" (yours truly guilty as charged).  ;)

Darn kids, always changing the game before I'm done playing...  >:(
-Edvard (November 11, 2013, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd agree totally.  I just don't have the coordination to use some of these interfaces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version