ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stickies 6.0a released

<< < (5/5)

TaoPhoenix:
Do not buy before you have tried The Reference:
NoteZilla - it can do so much more!

- unfortunately NoteZilla is $30  :( - but worth it  :-*

XP & Vista only.
-Curt (January 29, 2007, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

For me the difference is always about when the dev is "small enough" that he can sneak your feature in. So I am still a fan of Stickies because Tom Revell stuck "multi undo" in. That means that unlike before, if you place a text box, draw an arrow, place a text box, then the next morning go "what was I thinking??", you can Undo all three actions without wrecking your base image sticky. Not that hard of a concept but it wasn't possible until about last year in 2012.

So I'm a bit against the mood of "try X" if one super crushing killer feature isn't present in "that program" despite maybe X many cute little small improvements. Totally different Genre, I spent a year discovering Tree info software, but exactly two of the thirty candidates could export the notes properly into a universal web site, so the other twenty eight candidates just lost out no matter what little tweaks built in since I knew at the end of it all if the Killer Feature wasn't there, there wasn't really any point in bothering to learn the finesses!

So I'm all Stickies-Go! : )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version