ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android upgrade ... help ... lost internet page shortcuts

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
You could also use something like Titanium Backup (requires root) to make backups of your Launcher app, which in theory should include widgets and other shortcuts.

This won't help you get back your lost icons, but it could help prevent loss in the future.

Carol Haynes:
I have a simpler solution - if I want a link on the home page I add it to a bookmarks folder too!

xtabber:
I have a simpler solution - if I want a link on the home page I add it to a bookmarks folder too!
-Carol Haynes (November 02, 2013, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Old IT saying: if data isn't stored in at least three different locations, it doesn't really exist.

Translation to your situation: keep a copy off your device somewhere as well, or you may find yourself in the same situation again.

Carol Haynes:
 :-\

Deozaan:
Old IT saying: if data isn't stored in at least three different locations, it doesn't really exist.

Translation to your situation: keep a copy off your device somewhere as well, or you may find yourself in the same situation again.
-xtabber (November 02, 2013, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've heard it similarly said:

"Two is one; one is none."

Translation: If you only have one of something, Murphy's Law dictates it will break down (get lost/destroyed, etc.) at just the wrong moment and then you won't have any of that something. So be prepared and have a backup so that when one breaks, you still have one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version