ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

<< < (12/16) > >>

Deozaan:
I just released a new version of the game. I'll post an announcement on my blog after I've gotten some sleep. (c:

More info, link to downloads, or webplayer version: http://blasteroids.deozaan.com/

v1.140123.1

* Now available on Android with achievements, leaderboards, and cloud saves when signed into Google Play.
* Fixed points not being awarded as intended. Higher scores should be easier to obtain.
* Fixed a problem where statistics were not being loaded properly. Unfortunately, changes mean all stats are reset.
* Menu touched up for bigger buttons.
* Added link to NANY 2014 in Credits. (How did I forget this?)
* Changed "Game Over" music.
* Volumes now default to quieter setting.
* Other minor bugfixes and improvements.
The original post in this thread has been updated with this information.

tomos:
It's a lot faster - is that because I gave the impression it was getting easy ;-)

Sleep is important,
well done all round :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
It's a lot faster - is that because I gave the impression it was getting easy ;-)
-tomos (January 24, 2014, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Essentially, both the points and the speed of asteroids were based on the same value. So when I fixed the smaller asteroids not giving you as many points as was originally intended, I also fixed them not being as hard as originally intended. Though I may need to tweak the speeds a bit if they're too fast. Or maybe increase the rotation speed of your turret so you can react more quickly to a small asteroid coming up behind you. We'll see what happens based on feedback from players. :)

tomos:
... when I fixed the smaller asteroids not giving you as many points as was originally intended, I also fixed them not being as hard as originally intended. Though I may need to tweak the speeds a bit if they're too fast. Or maybe increase the rotation speed of your turret so you can react more quickly to a small asteroid coming up behind you. We'll see what happens based on feedback from players. :)
-Deozaan (January 24, 2014, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

They are very fast compared to before. This makes the game exciting very quickly, but also much more difficult - I was thinking of requesting 'more bullets' or something, but will see how I get on for a while before making any suggestions/requests.

tomos:
Didnt get back to it till today- I'd say it's almost impossible for a beginner now. I have made it to 26k but that was one of those super-fit days - mostly I'm getting below 10k :-/

Some thoughts/queries:

Is there a way of having the speed accelerate at the game progresses? (Sounds complex).

Otherwise I'd say a solution could be more bullets - and lots of 'em :D
Currently
1) you get a pulse of bullets, then a pause before the next pulse - this pause is the biggest killer in the current version...
2) if you rotate quickly, no bullets fire - not 100% sure here, but *think* it would be good if firing continued

A faster rate of bullets would be good too imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version