ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

<< < (4/16) > >>

Deozaan:
"Unity web player - install now"
that's just a plugin, right?-tomos (November 20, 2013, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct. It's a browser plugin.

tomos:
^okay, that installed very easily, didnt even need a browser restart.

I'm not going to be much help with your query - I got so involved in both games that I barely noticed a difference :-[
I'll let you know if that changes - played both twice so far.

Click to aim and shoot
--- End quote ---

I would request the ability to use a key to shoot if that's possible (my mouse arm/hand is overworked).

Deozaan:
I'm not going to be much help with your query - I got so involved in both games that I barely noticed a difference :-[
I'll let you know if that changes - played both twice so far.-tomos (November 21, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find that the one with physics (asteroids collide with each other) is less of a challenge and less fun because:

* Asteroids that are on a collision course with your turret will often collide into another asteroid before reaching you, changing their course so that they are no longer an imminent danger to you.
* Asteroids tend to clump together due to their collisions with each other.
* Asteroids tend to slow down and move in the same direction, due to their collisions with each other, making it easy to pick them off in groups.
Click to aim and shoot
--- End quote ---

I would request the ability to use a key to shoot if that's possible (my mouse arm/hand is overworked).
-tomos (November 21, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

How will that work? You still aim with the mouse pointer, but instead of holding down the mouse button to rotate and shoot the turret, you hold down a keyboard key?

tomos:
-tomos (November 21, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Part of the problem is that rotating is coupled with shooting  (you may well have be aware of this). As the asteroids increase, this can be problematic - you want to look first, see which is approaching fastest and shoot at that, otherwise you create too many moving parts/particles and things just get too hairy...

[cross-posting]

tomos:
I find that the one with physics (asteroids collide with each other) is less of a challenge and less fun because:

* Asteroids that are on a collision course with your turret will often collide into another asteroid before reaching you, changing their course so that they are no longer an imminent danger to you.
* Asteroids tend to clump together due to their collisions with each other.
* Asteroids tend to slow down and move in the same direction, due to their collisions with each other, making it easy to pick them off in groups.-Deozaan (November 21, 2013, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

as a beginner (okay, I used play asteroids in the arcades a long time ago) these are all advantages ;) - but yes, I take your point that they are less of a challenge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version